Specific Resources and Programs
Cognitive behavioural therapy
List of helpful books:
- Managing Pain Before it Manages You by Margaret A Caudhill, MD, PhD, MPH
- Pain: Learning to Live Without It by David Corey, MD and Stan Soloman
- Timeless Healing by Herbert Bensen, MD
- The Relaxation Process by Herbert Bensen, MD
- Mind Over Mood by Dennis Greenberg, PhD and Christine Padesky, PhD
- The Anger Trap by Les Carter, PhD
- Full Catastrophe Living by John Kabat-Zinn, PhD
- The Anger Control Workbook by Matthew McKay, PhD and Peter Rogers, PhD
- The Feeling Good Workbook by David Burns, MD
- Wherever You Go There You Are by John Kabat-Zinn, PhD
- Coming to Our Senses by John Kabat-Zinn, PhD
- The Brain that Changes Itself by Norman Doidge, MD
Health Canada: Persons with Disability Online
List of disability resources available throughout Canada
Disabled Persons Community Resources
List of disability resources available in Ottawa area only
To find health supplies such as crutches or wheelchairs, contact any pharmacy in your neighbourhood.
Online Pain Management Resource
Med School For You!
Med School For You is an online resource where you will be able to find relevant easy to understand medical information on a variety of health topics.
Understanding Pain and Dementia Online Workshop for Family Members