Become a Partner
To support the AQDC is to contribute to its development and help people suffering with chronic pain break through their isolation.
There are several ways you can help:
- Make a donation.
- Contribute to our activities by providing services free of charge
- Donate a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of products
We will express our appreciation for your support in the following fashion :
- Your logo will be displayed on the Partners page of our website
- Your logo included in our newsletter
- We will mention your contribution during our activities
The Louise & Alan Edwards Foundation
The Louise & Alan Edwards Foundation supports all manner of endeavours surrounding Chronic Pain.
The Foundation of massotherapy
The Foundation is devoted to improving the health and quality of life of people living with cancer or chronic pain by providing massage therapy adapted to each person’s needs through the services of front line partners such as the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation or the Association de la douleur chronique.
This type of assistance creates a butterfly effect that provides a level of wellbeing for the person who is suffering and the people around them, including family, caregivers, work colleagues, and others who can also feel the benefits in their own lives. It’s wellbeing that radiates beyond the person receiving the therapy.
The Alan Edwards Pain Research Center
Pain research at McGill University is conducted at the AECRP (Alan Edwards Centre for Research on Pain). The centre comprises researchers from the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry and Science. Its main goal is to bring together the McGill community of basic and clinical pain researchers to promote research that will result in cures for chronic pain. Through activities and international collaborations, the Centre focuses on new discoveries and their clinical applications that will improve the prevention and treatment of chronic pain.
The Pain Society
The Société québécoise de la douleur is an association of professionals from multiple disciplines who want to improve the treat of chronic pain in Quebec. The SQD’s goals include :
- Promoting multidisciplinarity in pain clinics;
- Promoting ongoing training;
- Creating training programmes;
- Promoting political and financial support for pain treatment centres.